Thursday, January 27, 2011

A Beautiful Mess

A Beautiful Mess




We have all heard that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Some people might see this as a mess, a pile of sweaty, smelly basketball clothes left laying on the table (eeek!) so a certain, sometimes forgetful, Mom won't forget to wash them. Yes, there is under armour and socks included in that pile. Don't worry, if I invite you over for coffee it will be thoroughly disinfected :) But I digress. For those of you who don't know, a senior basketball player from a neighboring town was killed in an automobile accident earlier this season, on his way home from practice. That night when D Bear came home and stepped out of his smelly socks and left them laying in the middle of the floor, I thought to myself how blessed I was to be able to pick up those stinky socks, that there was a family that would give everything they had to be able to pick up another pair of stinky socks. I made a decision that day to say a little prayer of thanks every time I get to pick up after that sloppy boy. I stop short of smelling those sweaty clothes..... and it wouldn't hurt my feelings at all if he would pick them up himself. What messes do you have that are really evidence of blessings?

No comments:

Post a Comment