Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Wednesday's Child, or Here She Comes Again

Ok, first I have to admit that I succumbed to discouragement and busyness and quit with my Tuesday's Child posts. One reason turned out to be that Tuesday was bad timing as Compassion adds and subtracts kids from the website on Mondays and Tuesdays. As it turns out it is sometimes hard to know at what time on Tuesday the new kids come on. Enough of the excuses though!

My conscience has been bugging me ever since! As I may have mentioned before, I have a big heart for Togo, Africa, for reasons that remain a mystery to me? I have decided God has a reason and that is good enough for me! Last week, all but four kids on the Togo pages were "Red Heart" kids. For the uninitiated that means they have been waiting 6 months or longer for a Sponsor. That little angel on my shoulder started whispering in my ear, "do something, even if you just help one." Today when I checked in with what I have come to think of as "my Togo kids," every last one of the 44 kids was a "Red Heart." As you can imagine that angel on my shoulder started yelling at me, so here I am again.

In the poem I shared with you previously on the inaugural edition of Tuesday's Child (you can read it here) the familiar poem tells us that; "Wednesday's child is full of woe." Many of these children are full of woe, they believe the lies that poverty tells them, that there is no hope, things will never change, never get better. You and I have a chance to change all of that. We can turn woe into joy. Watch this short video of a Compassion child receiving the news that they have been sponsored:


Sponsorship reaches way beyond just one child. Because of your sponsorship a whole family will be lifted from poverty and given hope. Here are some of the Red Heart kids from Togo:


Roland lives with his grandmother. He is an above average student, and he likes playing soccer and group games. His grandmother is sometimes employed and the average monthly income where Roland lives is $40/month.


Marcellin lives with his father and mother. There are 7 children in the family. Marcellin is not attending school right now. Frequently parents can not afford the school fees for all their children and must choose which children, if any, will attend school. Your sponsorship help cover Marcellin's school tuition. He likes soccer, group games, and playing with cars. Marcellin's parents are subsistence farmers. The average monthly income is $40.

John, age 8 and James, age 8 are twin brothers. They live with their parents and there are three children in the family. They are both attending school and enjoy playing soccer. It would be really awesome if the same person, or maybe family members could sponsor these two boys, but that isn't a "have to."

Fogan is one of 10 children! He lives with both parents. He is not attending school right now. He likes to play soccer, marbles, and with cars. The average monthly income in this area is $33.


Delphine likes to play games and play with dolls. She is living with her grandmother. She isn't in school yet. 

Akuele lives with both parents. She is one of  children. At home she helps carry firewood and helps care for children. She is not presently attending school. She likes playing jacks and with dolls. 

Thanks for taking the time to read about these special kids. Maybe God is calling you to make a difference in the life of one child. 

Proverbs 19:17He who is kind to the poor lends to the LORD, and he will reward him for what he has done.




No comments:

Post a Comment