Friday, March 18, 2011

Five Minute Friday:

Today I'm linking up to Lisa-Jo aka gypsy mama, who chooses a topic every Friday and writes for five minutes.

This is the place where once a week we take the chance to
just write, and not worry if it’s just right or not.
For five minutes flat.
Here’s how the game works: you simply stop, drop and write. Set your words free. Don’t edit them, don’t fret over them, don’t try to make them perfect.

Today, her topic choice is "On Waiting…"
So, the clock is ticking, time to write some thoughts, and then I'm going to stop.

Waiting, I have never been very good at waiting. If practice makes perfect I should be getting pretty darn good at it by now. Waiting on family members, waiting on patients, waiting on Dr.,  waiting on photos to upload, our lives are full of waiting. 

This is a season of waiting for all of us. Ann Voskamp writes that, "it's the in-between that drives us mad." All of us are in the in-between, our time here on earth is a time of waiting, waiting for Heaven. The good news is that I don't have to be perfect, Jesus took care of that for me. I just need to use this time of waiting giving back thanks to Him, for all of the multitude of ways He has shown me His love

1 comment:

  1. Remembering that we are waiting for heaven... Something that we often forget. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete