Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Wish You Were Here?

Blessings and Benedictions

Due to the fact that I live in one time zone and work in another, and live 45 minutes from work, I get to spend a lot of time on the road. When my kids were younger I convinced myself that this wasn't a bad thing, as it provided me with some treasured alone time. Back in the day I didn't even have cell service for 30 of those minutes.





Now, all these years later I am still commuting to work, but I have more alone time than I need. I have had to look for another silver lining to those early mornings driving into the sunrise and late afternoons driving off into the sunset. I thought I would share with you some of the scenes God provides me with. I have a front row seat for the show. When those first rays of sun hit the windshield in the morning I can't help but feel God is sending a gift to compensate for the odd hours I keep... 


may the Lord bless you and keep you;



may He make His face to shine unto you and be gracious unto you;


may He make His face to shine on you and be gracious to you;



may He lift His countenance on you and give you peace..  Numbers 6:22-27 (NIV)

See the things you might miss....... Beauty and blessings are everywhere, you just need to remember to look.

2 comments:

  1. Hi - I love your picture today on Picture Winter so much I want to buy it from you. I love the quote too. Both would be so great on my new blog - The Mentor Project - which launches March 3/11. It is a blog to help mentor young female lawyers in my area. Please let me know what you think about the idea - totally ok to say no. I really like your blog and can't wait to try some of the recipes. Do you plan to post more on the blog in 2011? Jeanine LeRoy - my email is jeanine@jleroylaw.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi!! i saw your blog over at kim klassen's class. i'm glad i stopped over because now i see that we're both in picture winter, too! i love your photos -- such gorgeous color! and a blog about family, food, gardening and photography?! right up my alley. looking forward to following your blog and see you in class (both of them!)
    -- mae (pmaelee on PW)

    ReplyDelete