Saturday, October 8, 2011

Choosing Joy


A couple of weeks ago the blogging world lost a sweet sister, Sara Frankl, aka "Gitz" or Gitzen Girl." You can read here story here http://gitzengirl.blogspot.com/. She taught thousands of people to choose joy in the face of hardship. For a thirty-something woman who had been unable to leave her home for years because things in the air could kill her, who lived with pain greater than most of us can imagine, whose very breath was an effort, that is really saying something. I can share it best in her own words:



"I choose the joy. When something is going badly and I'm dwelling on it, I think instead of something for which I am grateful. I swear to you, it's as simple as that. You just have to decide today, and again tomorrow. And before you know it, you'll have an attitude of joy more than any other attitude you have at your disposal.



"Make it about Him, not you. Enjoy every second. Choose joy."




After Sara passed away I wanted to honor her legacy in my own way. I decided that the next child on Compassion that I saw named Joy I would sponsor in memory of Sara. I would literally choose Joy. Meet Joy :)








Joy is 7 years old and from Bangledesh. I saw him first last night. I prayed about it overnight, and when I checked today he was gone. I was heartbroken. I few hours later I checked again, just in case. He was there! God gave me a second chance and I didn't hesitate this time! I can only pray that I will be able to teach Joy the lessons in life that Sara taught me, and so many others. I encourage everyone to go to her blog and read her story, you will come away choosing joy too!

No comments:

Post a Comment